Sunday, June 15, 2008

She made it home!

Madison arrived home safe and sound friday afternoon. I had no doubt she would, but it seemsed to take forever. The minute she wrapped her arms around my neck and said "my mommy, my mommy, my mommy... i'm home!" the world felt right again. I know she had a blast with everyone, but it was great to get her home. Aaronhad a boo-boo on his leg and when I asked her what happened she said matter of fact "crocodile bit him" this of course is not the story, but it was cute and she still will tell you the same thing!

She drove 2 1/2 days to get home and was a trooper every bit. She was in Iowa the night the boyscout camp was hit, I think Aaron sid she was about 20 miles away. he told me he saw storm chasers and the tornado sirends went off for 3 hours straight! Needless to say I was a bit of a mess.... anyone who knows me knows I am a huge tornado-phobe.

She headed quickly to her room and made she it was still hers and then we went swimming in her pool. She rode the tractor with poppy and great grandma was there to see her too! She asked for Rachel and "Nana" (Adrianna) and they came to see her saturday. She is excited to hit the beach. We leave Wednesday and come back saturday! Oh yeah, and she hasn't pooped in her pants in 2 weeks! Even in travel she would hold it! We are still about 50/50 on pees though. She is growing up to fast!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

so glad she is back in your arms. I know I hated it when Josh took Addie to Ohio! It was like a piece of my soul was missing! Have a great trip to the beach! Is this Madison's first time?