Wednesday, December 3, 2008

They're Engaged!!

Well, Thanksgiving came and went and we had all kinds of excitement. My brother finally proposed to his girlfriend of almost 8 years!! It was beautiful!! We are very excited to be planning a wedding. I can't help but think about how sweet Madison will be in as a flower girl. I'll keep you posted as they decide on a date...

Christmas is right around the corner!! I braved my first Black Friday. I managed to get all of the hot items I was hoping for. Madison is going to have a great Christmas. She has gotten in really tight with Santa. She has been to see him 5 times already. He knows her name. It's very funny. I'm hoping she will be healthy by then. We are still fighting pneumonia. Her little buddies Lexi and Aiden (who she will tell you is her boyfriend) are in the hospital with pneumonia. Madison misses them terribly.

We went to the hospital today to listen to some Christmas music. Some of my co-workers were playing the flute. Madison went front and center and danced and twirled and clapped and cheered. She attracted as much attention as the music!! We may go back next week.

We were watching Sleeping Beauty today and Madison asked why everyone was sad... it was the part of the movie were Briar Rose pricks her finger and goes to sleep. I told her the mean lady made her go to sleep. She asked why she was mean. I told her some people were just like that. To this I hear come from the back seat, " This is reediculuss" I couldn't help but laght.

I also became "that mom" yesterday. We went all over town with a princess tiara on. It's funny how strange thing become perfectly normal when it has to do with your child and the things that make them happy. She even went bowling with it on. What a stinker!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats to Jay!
I am sorry to hear that Madison is still sick :( I hope she is on the path to recovery.
I would love if you would message me your address on myspace...Addie would love to send Madison a Christmas card!

Unknown said...

I'm "that mom" too. I let the girls wear their princess coustumes while we ran errands last week. They're only this young once, right?