Saturday, April 26, 2008

The bedtime stall...

As I had been reading, eventually I knew Madison would start to try to stall bedtime. People told me she was well on her way to that age. Bedtime has never been a problem here as Madison has had a bedtime routine since she was a few weeks old. It has been a rare occasion when she has fight in her at bedtime. While it has been mild, I believe the time is upon us.

Madison now claims
"I'm hungy, I need to eat"... or " I need juice, I thirsy" occasionally she will say " i'm not sleepy, no night night yet k mommy?" She wants to walk up the steps, (she used to let me carry her), she will tell me "don't help me mommy, I do it myself" and she wants to "share" the glider with me instead of sitting on my lap. She will still let me read to her some, but mostly I hear "no mommy, i reading!" We still sing our songs and she folds her hands for prayers.

Right before bed she will say "I go potty" She marches right over to the bathroom, whips her pants down and waits for me to place her royal heiny on her throne. Once there she tries to spit between her legs (occasionally) and then says "all done mommy... I pee pee" When I tell her it was a good try but she didn't put pee pee in the potty she looks at me completely serious and says in her sweet little voice... "Mommy, I PRETEND!"

Go figure~ =o)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yep, my kids have been trying to delay the inevitable for awhile. This past week though, their entire class at school has been boycotting naptime, so by the time I get them ready for bed, they don't have much fight left in them!

Lisa said...

how can you resist her when she is that cute and smart!? ;)