Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How long has it been?

I think I may have actually broken my record for length of time without blogging. I have had a lot to talk about, just no time to do it. Work has been hectic, and life around work busy. Last week Madison and I started her little play gym classes at Toddlin Time. She loves it. It is full of colorful soft toys that she can climb on and interact with other children. THey spend the first part of the class in free play and then have a circle time of sorts at the end of class. THey do parachute play, sing songs and do dances and felt board about numbers and letters. She is even learning how to share. She is in a class with 2 and 3 year olds. She hangs right in with the 3 year olds. I took lots of pictures on the first day and vow not to be "that mom" you know, the one with the camera everywhere we go?? I am failing miserably, but didn't break it out at all on our second class.

We acquired a second child for 24 hours Thursday morning. A friend from work has a little girl who is almost 5 months old and needed someone to keep her until Friday. We picked her up and then head over to see Carrie and her twinadoes and little Ada. Madison loved the play date. She and Ada played well together and Ada quickly became my buddy. What a beautiful little girl! Eventually we headed to my house with the twins and Alyx in tow. Madison had so much fun. Once the house was quiet it became apparent how smitten she was with baby Alyx, an not at all jealous! Alexis loved her too. In the car Madison was holding Alyx's hand and when her mommy came to pick her up Madison cried "no, baby Alyk, no... wait baby Alyk, stop..." She was so sad, but it was soon time to go to class and she forgot all about her little buddy.

Madison and I even went out to eat all by oursleves this last week! We went to Olive Garden. It was pretty nice. I love spending time with her. Someone said I seemed like an only child mother. I take it as a compliment. I also hope I can be a good mother to more than one child. I would love to have two, maybe three.

Manda, I really enjoyed Monday night. It was nice to get to talk, and thank you for sharing your experiences and telling me a little more about Ada and Aleah. Everyone couldn't get over Ada, the littlest nurse on the floor that night! It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to meet WIlla. IF all is well I hope to see you guys Thursday and am looking for someone to cover call for Saturday!

Madison has had a vocabulary explosion. I am amazed at how much she has picked up on and am actually finding myself having conversations with my little girl! Her birthday is right around the corner. I can't wait, but I have a lot to do! It has to be at our house b/c I procrastinated on booking the date at Toddlin Time. So, My house it is. Not optimal for a handful or two of toddlers, but we'll make it work! Gotta shampoo carpets, declutter and clean!

Well, it is day 3 for our class today. I'll keep you updated! Hope everyone's day is great. i am waiting for Madison to wake up so I can squeeze her! Had a bad dream... The kind that you don't shake until you fill your arms with you baby and your nose with her smell...






2 comments:

manda said...

I'm jealous, I want that outfit! It's from Hanna Anderson, right? I regretted the "only child" comment later that night, because I meant it in the best possible way. Madison Kate is one lucky little girl.

I think I might sign Ada up for Toddlin Time in April, once it gets a little warmer, and once I get used to toteing two kids around.

MKatesMommy said...

I decided you meant it in an good way myself! We would love to see Ada there! Yes, my mother in law got the outfit from Hanna =)