Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Funny Story

Two has definately turned out to be the biggest challenge of parenting Madison thus far. She is a very strong willed, demanding, intelligent and loving child. She knows exactly what she wants already. She puts her little hands on her hips and tells you exactly what's on her mind. We have been doing big girl things recently. We took another trip to K.D. She rode lots of rides and even the Scooby Doo Haunted Mansion where she "shoot two scary ghost" And "i wake scooby up" It was really cute. I love to watch her face while she experiences something new. On our way out of scooby we ran into Shelley and Lexi. Madison rode the Scrambler with Shelley!
She wanted to ride the Avalanch Bobsled too, but she wasn't tall enough. This broke her little heart. It wasn't anything an Icee the size of Georgia couldn't fix though. As she rode the rides in the Kidsville I noticed she was often spending a good portion of the ride buckling the empty seatbelt next to her. She did this a few times and then while getting off one of the little car rides she was helped out of one side by a worker and then promptly ran around to the other side of the car reaching inside. As I wastched this I was wondering what she was doing. I assumed she wanted to get back in. Apparetly so did the worker. He ran around the ride too. To our surprise she reached in, grabbed an imaginary something and started to walk to me. She must have noticed the puzzled look on my face because she said, " I had to get my baby..." We spent the next few hours riding rides and without fail she would buckle her "baby" in and retrieve her after the ride. She held her in a closed fist as we walked and even switched hands if I forgot she was there so that we could hold hands and the "baby" would be unharmed. It was adorable. It was on this day that I was reminded that it is entirely possible to love your child more with each passing day. I fell in love with her all over again.... not that I had ever really fallen out in the first place.









0 comments: