Monday, September 1, 2008

Preschool week one

Our little girl started preschool last week on the 25th. We were nervous and excited. Aaron and I met there and took her in together. She was all smiles holding her num-num close. As soon as we got in her room she shimmied out of my arms and took off. I watched as she settled onto the floor and started to quietly fight with a little girl for the toy she had. I started to speak with the teacher and took a look back to see the num-num laying alone in the floor where Madison had been. It hit me then that she was going to be just fine. I looked at the teacher and asked what to do now. She replied with a smile "you leave."

They said it took her an hour and a half to realize we were gone and she whined for us on and off for about 2o min and then was fine. She ate well, sat on the potty and even napped. When we showed up to get her she played for 10 min before we finally had to call her attention. We watched her run and play, ride a car, wash her hands, and drink from a water fountain. We saw her artwork too. When we saw her she said "Hi Guys." We asked her if she was ready to go and she said no and later told us she wanted to go back to school then. She said she had a blast and when Rachel call her to see how her day went she said "My mommy left me at school!" Do you believe that?? She also talks a lot about her little friend Gabby from school and of course Lexi and Aiden.

Friday as we drove to school she was excited but told me not to leave her. When I got there she put her num-num in her cubby and took off. i told her bay and she took off playing again. i called to check on her at 11 and they said she was great. When I got there at 4 to get her she was playing but happpy to see us. They said she didn't nap and cried for me. Madison made sure to tell me too. It broke my heart. "mommy, I cried for you." I reminded her that mommies and daddies go away sometimes, but they always come back. They said otherwise it was a great day. She ate ALL of her food and stayed dry all but once and used the potty the rest of the day. She loves school, but has her moments. I just hope this is the best for her.

0 comments: