Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holidays bring out the worst in some...

From Carrie's blog (Hope you don't mind):

Dear People of Fredericksburg,

I would like to take this opportunity to remind some of you all how idiotic you truly are. First of all to "Stephanie B" at Cracker Barrel: May Santa leave you a very small lump of coal in your stocking for the way you treated me and my kids and my friend and her kid today. Kids will be kids - their behavior is normal. You, however, picking up a salt shaker, huffing, then slamming it on our table is not acceptable behavior at all. Also, you could have waited until after we left to complain to all your little waitress friends instead of five of you all standing there staring at us like we're a freak show. And poop on your manager too for letting you act that way and condoning your attitude. I had no other choice but to file a complaint with your corporate office about you and your cronies today. Have a happy holiday season. May you rot in a cubicle somewhere by yourself doing data entry - that's all your personality is good for.

To the witch at Macy's today: No, I do not give my child something to make her be quiet when she's in the middle of a tantrum. Did you not learn in raising your own children that you do not reward such behavior? Even better, how about if I give you a knuckle sandwich?

To the woman who walked passed Moose while he was flicking water from his cupholder - there's no need for you to cut your eyes and frown at him. You're not dry clean only, and you're definitely not so sweet that you'll melt. But, oh wait, that's right, they threw water on the wicked witch and she melted - no wonder why you were upset.

To the kind gentleman who helped me catch my children when both of them decided to run from me at the same time - Thank you oh so much. You have helped to restore my faith in the people of this redneck community.

To Santa - I am so sorry my children totally wigged out while I was trying to get a picture of them with you. Maybe next year will be better - I thought they really liked you this year!

To my friend, Jen - if I ever get really curious, just remind me of tonight and the consequences that come with curiosity (although it sort of was worth waiting for). The silly nurse in me wanted to know why three fire trucks, an ambulance, the fire marshall, the sheriff, and two state troopers went flying by us. Some poor person had managed to flip their car onto its top in the median. We were stuck for like half an hour and couldn't see anything.

So, now that I've moaned and groaned, and I'm sure some of you have laughed until you need to change your undies, I hope you all have a good night!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Well written! Sorry, but I had to laugh! Some people just dont get that kids will be kids!