Friday, June 12, 2009

June 9th at the beach!

June 9th

I think Madison likes the beach. I have never heard more beautiful words... “Mommy, I love you tooooo much!” It seems every 20 minutes or so Madison is reminding me how much she loves me. She is having a great time! Mads and I were on the beach yesterday lying on our towels and talking when out pops a little sand crab. She squealed “Mommy, look at its little eyes!” We watched him go in and out of the sand hole a few times and he even ate a sand ant. Once his belly was full he disappeared into the hole and took a nap. That gave me an idea, so off we went to de-sand and fill our bellies. She is eating hotdogs on buns here. After lunch I tucked Mads in for a nice nap. I had to wake her after 3 hours for the second time so far!

We ate at Capt. George’s last night with Jason and Ashley and I have never seen so much food in front of a little girl, esp. my little girl. She had crab legs, rolls, broccoli, green beans, salad, extra tomatoes (with ranch might I add) and more. Then she hit the desserts!! I have pics, so I will post some. We took a night walk on the beach last night with Madison and our flash lights. Madison wanted to get another look at the sand crabs. She really enjoyed seeing them scurry around. Some of them let us get really close. I had to carry her because she was afraid they would pinch her toes, but it really was fun. The moon was full and beautiful too! At bedtime Madison told me her favorite part of the day was “the crabs!” and the least favorite was “the waves.”


Our day started off bittersweet because we had to pack up Mrs. Joann, Mrs. Lynn and our beloved Ccelsi and send them back to VA. We so enjoyed having them here and wish they could have stayed all week! Madison and Ccelsie were sad to say goodbye, but we promised them that we would get them together soon.

More of our friends leave today and we anxiously await the arrival of Sherry and Alyx!






0 comments: