Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time for a new bed??

So for all of you who have older children, or have successfully made the transition to a toddler bed.... I need some advice. Madison made a THUD out of her bed before falling asleep for her nap. She finished reading her book and tucked Wilbur (wilburt) in and got her self UN-settled, and took a dive out of her bed and landed on her head! I was so scared. She was fine and seemed to think it was funny, but I am still recovering. I can't help but think of what might have happened. I know kids fall out of their cribs, but Madison never even rolled off the couch. So now what? Do we go straight to a toddler bed now? Or will she be afraid afraid to try again?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think toddler beds are high enough off the floor to do any real damage. I will say Imani & Ariana have been in toddler beds over 6 mo now and I still wouldn't call it "successful". Imani slept on the floor in the hallway last night, and sometimes they sleep half in and half out of bed.

manda said...

You are so funny. We got a crib tent. We tried switching her to her big girl bed and we were all miserable, so we converted it back.

Lisa said...

From what I have heard, once they start climbing out of the crib, its probably time to transition to a toddler bed, especially if she kinda thought it was funny, and got to see your reaction. I hope her noggin is okay! But, I havent experienced this yet. Hope someone else can help!