Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What the heck... or there is a God

Ever had one of those days when you think you should just go back to bed? I can honestly say I have. Yesterday nailed that one on the head. It all started when my brothers car broke down in the early morning. My dad was working on it as Madison and I left the house to pick up Heather and Dolan to go to Hurkamp Park. We were headed to meet Sherry and Alyx and Vanessa and Ella there. We pulled out of the driveway and I noticed the car was driving funny and sounded strange. I pulled into Burton's and jumped out to find my tire was FLAT as a pancake! So, a $15 dollar repair and we were on our way. We picked up Heather and Dolan and made it to the park in record time. I ran into half the world yesterday. That part was nice. Everywhere I turned I saw someone I knew and hadn't seen in a while. Just when things we starting to look up Madison took off running and turned in a crowd of mommies and babies and I lost sight of her... for about 5 sec until I could catch up. My heart dropped to my feet and my world started whirling around me. What was 5 seconds felt like eternity. I can't even begin to describe how scared I was and how much flew through my mind in those few brief seconds. Once I located her I watched close behind her but waited to see that she would do. I wanted to teach her a lesson out of this. To my relief, when she realized she was "lost" she went right to the very next tent/vendor and said "I can't find my mommy. I need help." I then went and retrieved her. I reassured her and told her I was proud of how she handled herself and then discussed how dangerous it was for her to run away from me in a crowd. (I am seriously thinking about putting her on a leash!) We recovered and spent the rest of the concert playing and then off to walmart. At walmart we picked a cart that was apparently falling apart. Madison asked to get out of the cart and as I picked her up, we caught her new shirt on the rusty broken metal and ripped it. First time she wore it, and all they could do was say sorry! Good thing she didn't get hurt! When we got home we played outside and made plans for Heather, Dolan, Mads, and I to meet up with Carrie and the twins (Aiden and Alexis) at Joe's Crab Shack. As we were about to leave I learned that my very good friend had been in an accident. As soon as we got to Joe's Mads took off running through the patio to the playground and ran head first into a table. I swear I felt a dent in her head and almost ran off to the ER. After a few minutes and a frantic call to mom I determined she was just fine b/c she was running around playing and climbing on the playground. Dinner was uneventful, everyone ate well and then went off to play some more. As we were about to leave Dolan hit a 10 point face plant into the curb. He got a fat lip and a bloody nose. Talk about sad =o( What a day! I would say it can't get any worse, but I know it could be much worse. o , all and all, God was there and took care of all of us! Bless you!

Oh yeah, at bedtime I have gotten into the habit of asking Madison what her favorite part of the day was. Her reply... "getting lost!" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. And so, on went the discussion about strangers and the danger of running away from mommies and daddies... I'll try to get pics up from the park tomorrow. They are on the other camera.



0 comments: