Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall is here!






I love this time of year... it is beautiful, and not too cold yet. There is so much to do with all the pumpkin patches open, and preparing for halloween! Madison is undecided on what she wants to be this year. Gone are the days when I could pick her costume for her. At two she is already very opinionated... wonder where that came from? If you ask her what she wants to be she will spout one of three things, a witch, a butterfly, or a bat. As things get closer, I will have to have her narrow it down... otherwise she may end up as a ghost with an old sheet. I know how fast costumes sell out. I'm not convinced she's going to like halloween this year though. She doesn't seem to like the masks and scary stuff. It's almost funny.

I took her to Leesburg Animal Farm for their "Pumpkinville" park this past week. A few friends went and the kids enjoyed the animal park full of rabbits, livestock, monkeys, giant turtles, birds, etc. There were pony rides, hay rides, free cider and apples, moon bounces, airslides, and a huge hill slide that flew! Madison managed to get away from me on that one. She went down all by herself as I scrambled to the bottom to get her. All the while she was screaming "Where am I going guys?" It was really cute.

Madison is having a better time getting off to preschool now. She didn't even cry when I dropped her off Friday. There is something to be said for a routine with a toddler. She had school pictures on Friday. She was adorable. When I dropped her off in her classroom she was greeting be a ton of kids screaming "MADISON!!" She turned around hugged me, gave me a kiss and said "bye mommy, see you after lunch." She has also told me she has a boyfriend. It's Carrie's little boy Aiden. They were holding hands and hugging on Tumblebus the other day! I talked to Carrie and she assured me she would have "the talk" with Aiden =o)

One thing is for sure... she is growing up too fast!

1 comments:

Roxanna said...

She is getting so big...It looks like you two really have a lot of fun together. : )