Saturday, February 9, 2008

Good intentions...

As I close on my last night of vacation with Madison I waned to have a special night with her. We had a big day today. Kendall's birthday party was this afternoon. It started at 1pm and we ran some errands for Shannon first. It worked out well and we had a blast. Kendall was adorable as always and really loved her cake. Of course Madison was right there to show her the ropes. It's hard a s a mom sometimes to know whether to stop and activity or let it go on. I wasn't sure if people were amused by Madison and Kendall with the cake or thinking, somebody please get that child. I think it was the first of the two, if not my apologies. As we left Kendall's party Madison asked to see Poppy and Mamaw. I told her if she was still awake at the end of the road we would stop by. I was positive she would be out before we hit the end of the drive way. Guess what! She was awake and asking for Poppy! so off we went. I think we caught them a little off guard and Poppy seemed a little grouchy. i know that isn't what he meant, but I felt for a brief second that I better call first next time. (He likes to Madison proof the house i think.) Of course he was thrilled to see her though. They played and played and even tried to go for a ride on the tractor. Surprisingly Madison said "no tractor poppy" I eventually got her in the car and she cried about 5 min for Poppy. She decided she wanted french fries and I got them. We were almost home and I turn around and she is out! It is about 5:45 pm now. I get her in the house and let her sleep about 30 min. SHe wakes up and is a bear. She is soo tired. I got her milk and put her jammies on and we curled up on the couch and put in Cinderella 2, her new favorite movie. I thought she would go to sleep but she didn't. it was great snuggle time. About half way through the movie I paused it and took her up for a bath. SHe cried through it and then we came back down for more cuddle time on the couch. At the end of the movie she was still awake and said "night night rella!" I took her up and rocked her for a long time and she wanted to play. Finally I put her in bed and covered her up with Ben her puppy and her nummies and left. She cried like she had lost her best friend and kept saying "mommy help" After 5 min I went back up and rocked her. She put her hand in her shirt and acted like it was stuck. (that was her dilemma that she needed help with!) she is very smart. After about 20 min i ended up putting her back in the crib anyways b/c she wouldn't go to sleep. She was fighting with everything she had. She cried for a couple of minutes and then was out. There is some truth to the whole overtired thing. No more skipping naps. it is no fun for anyone. I guess I was hoping for a better night since work starts back tomorrow night. I have really enjoyed being a normal person for a while. it feels good.

0 comments: