Tuesday, September 4, 2007

When it is quiet...

It is never a good thing for there to be quiet when there is a toddler around. Madison has been doing really well with her "colo-colos" (crayons/colors-colors) since we got home from vacation. She draws on her floor pad. So this morning I thought I would take advantage of this time to clean the kitchen. I peeked in on her a couple of times and heard her saying some of her colors, and then quiet...

I am fairly sure you know where this is going... I turned the corner and there was hr drawing pad, empty... My little artist was drawing a very blue mural on the wall next to our front door. Being the wonderful mom I am I went over and took the crayon and explained to her that we only color on paper, right?? Nope, try again.. I grabbed the camera b/c this would be a great story to tell her later and snapped a few shots and then i told her we only color on paper, and well... the bath tub too. I was fairly sure she got it as she went to coloring nicely again on the paper pad. Aparently she is smarter than us adult folk b/c when I woke up for work there was a lovely shade of red in with the blue... Stinker. I suppose she thought our living room would be a much cooler place if we decorated more like Elmo. Of course I left it there to show it off a bit and then I will hook up with Mr CLean and scrub walls.

A few other funny things recently... I guess Madison knows a ton of words she hasn't chosen to share with us yet, and slowly she will throw us for a loop by spouting out a word we have never heard from her before. When we look at each other like "DID SHE JUST SAY..." SHe gives us the what's your problem look. Grandmas, you know what I am talking about.

SHe has also taken to calling me "Mommay" and now even more recently Aaron has become "Dadday" It's kinda cute, but strange.

One last thing and then I will let you go on with your day. Apparently Madison was all but climbing in our trashcan today calling for "Oster, Oster" (oscar)My mom had to explain to her that oscar didn't live in that trashcan, it was icky. It took a lot of convincing, but eventually she won her over. I guess I'll have to take a Sesame Street head cound every couple of hours to make sure we aren't having any trashcan parties. What next? =o)

0 comments: