Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Today was a good day. I was up for 27 hours before going to bed, but it was still a good day. I saw my Dad all day Saturday and spent this am with my in-laws. We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Madison loves that place. I think she knows she gets something cool everytime we go. Today she got two really cute visors. She loves them. She has started a new routine to get outside. She brings us her shoes, and once they are on brings us ours. She hleps us put them on and then goes to the door and says "yeah-Yeah!!" It's so cute you just HAVE to take her out. She has also decided it is fun to be naked. If she can get it off, it's coming off.

So-- I gt scolded from my husband tonight... nicely. Ready for a heart attack mom?? Brace yourself and don't tell dad (lesson learned.) I forgot to close the gate when I came down before leaving for work b/c Madie-poo was in her high chair. I got her out, said my goodbyes to my now naked child and left. My husband then went about cleaning her highchair and pushed it into the kitchen. About that time he her a door upstairs close. He had a mild heart attack, ran up the steps and found her locked in the bathroom!! Breath!! She was ok and is ok. God was with her and us. Apparently she does very well up the steps. Thanks God she did try to come down. From now on we close the gate even if she isn't home. We akways keep the gate closed to the basement, but if she can climb them so quickly to the upstairs, she could fly down too... So thank you God for keeping her safe. Retard parent lesson learned. I am so thankful it was learned with a scare and not an accident. i think they call this a wake up call!

1 comments:

Madsgramma said...

OMG....Looks like I will soon need to clean out a room for my newest adoption and her friends....Madison, Nernie(not a spelling error,just Madison talk),MoMO, and big bur...LOL. Just kidding..A lesson well learned, never turn your back on a toddler for long, they move very quickly. I'm sure Aaron probably needed cpr and when you heard the news I'm sure you did too. Now Madison's PaPaw will probably be ready to pick her up right away if and when he hears the news..lol I'll let you tell him. Unfortunately many more mistakes will be made before she grows up, let's just hope she's as lucky next time. I mean you did survive that fall off the couch when you were her age after all, although your Dad acted like I pushed you on purpose and he wanted to kill me...lol