Sunday, June 17, 2007

Storms and Snuggles

Anyone who knows me is well aware that I am a freak when it comes to storms. If I could head underground at the first clap of thunder or dark cloud, i would. This all stems from fourth grade when we had to read Night of the Twisters. It was obviously tramatic for me. Would my teacher love to know she has scarred me for life?? It is so bad that it has rubbed off on my dogs... my dogs who live with my parents and have now leagally taken my parent's (their grandparents) name. If there is a single clap of thunder the dogs get valium... and they need it too. I am trying not to have this effect on my little girl. On tuesday as soon as the storm started I was running like a dog from window to window in search of a cloufd that might be lost and headed out of the sky for my house. When the hail hit forget it. Madison and I made record time to the basement. Apparently I hadn't had enough fun for the week and there was a repeat preformance on Wednesday. The only difference... Madison (who never wakes up at night) awoke a little after 9pm and decided she needed me. I went up and pulled her into bed with me (which I never do)It took her about 30 minutes of playing with her hair and snuggling with me and her little ELMO and Ernie to fall asleep. That was about the time the storm started. I was freaking out, but still as could be because of my angel and her two little friends curled up next to me. After a while I forgot about the storm and soaked up all the love from my special time with Madison. In the end I'm not sure who needed the snuggle more... me or her.

0 comments: