Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just do it already.!

I tend to be a procrastinator. Partly frpm laziness, the other part from fear... we are all guilty of this at sometime or another. I mean, who goes to the dentist to socialize?? Most of us wait until we cant enjoy our favorite gooey treat. Relaed to parneting, I tend to fall on the side of fear. I would have happily waited to give her peanut butter until he was 5 and could tell me if it made her thrat feel funny. Infact, I thought this was a great idea. I don't like peanut butter anyways, nless it is in a candybar. Then someone asked me if I would rather give it to her myself and find out if she was allergic or have someone give it to her at a party not knowing she had never had it. I chose to give it to her myself. I even fought the urge to drive to the hospital and sit in the ER parking lot while she ate it. In the end she didn't even like it.

The there was the shower. Carrie puts her kids in the shower all the time. Her kids do fine. It wasn't until the other day out of desparation that I put her in the shower with me. Guess what? She loved it. She squealed and clapped her hands and then pushed me out of the way to be under the water. And with that life just became easier.

Now if she could just learn to stick up for herself. i mean I'm glad she isn't a hitter, but I wish she would hold her own a bit. Maybe she'll learn something from Lexi yet!! And hopefully not the tantrums Ada picked up. Aiden was throwing a fit today and Madison layed down on the ground and made fun of her. Such a comic!!

0 comments: