Sunday, June 10, 2007

When kisses are like bandaids

I have come to realize that children are put here to make life better. I would rather be a mom running like crazy to keep up, feeling exhausted at the end of the day than not be a mother at all. It is hard to work full time and feel like I have enough to give to my family. I strive to give my daughter the attention I think she needs. Unfortunatly my husband can fall short on his attention because I am usually in bed not far behind Madison. He is pretty forgiving, but I know it must be hard.

I feel like I miss out on things. It is getting easier though because I know she is having a blast without me. She loves to be at her gransma's (both sets) and has plenty to do. She is a happy little girl. She loves to be outside. Sometimes I wake up a little early and sneak outside to watch my husband play with her on the playground. They are so cute, and I can tell his heart is full of love for his little girl.

What makes working all worth it is to see her develop a relationship with her grandparents. I still don't understand how I can spend all day with her 4 days a week and still feel like I missed something. She is doing forward rolls by herself now, and parrots everything we say. Her newest one is Alright!! Which in Madisonese is "AWWRIGH" I love it. Her smile is sweet, her laughter contagious and when she wraps her arms around my neck and says "mommy, mommy" all the world seems right. Little girls are heaven's gift. I'm so glad to be the recipient.

To a mommy a childs kisses are like bandaids... there is nothing better in the world.

0 comments: